Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Virgil Village. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Virgil Village
There are many reasons why you should use eco-friendly products. These items use non-toxic ingredients, which are not only good for your health but for the environment too. Here is why:
1.Farmers who grow organic produce do not use pesticides, herbicides or artificial fertilizer. This means that the produce has not absorbed any harmful chemicals, which in turn you would either absorb or ingest. This is really good news for your overall health. Plus, the environment also benefits from this as pesticides and herbicides are not draining off into our water ways.
2.Organic produce uses less natural resources while providing more long-term viability of the product. As such, this produce is safe and yet it is able to meet the same high demands that you would require from any produce product.
3.Traditional farming methods also put a strain on our environment. This strain is becoming more and more unbearable. As such, it is becoming very important that we manage our natural resources better.
So, as you can see, using natural products pose less of a health risk. Therefore, it only makes sense to use these products. Of course, you really do need to look at these things for yourself so that you can make well informed decisions. This should be a good reason for you to want to start using eco-friendly products in your home. Even if you only slowly convert your home to the use of these products, you will still be helping yourself and the environment at the same time.
Eco-friendly Products Do Wonders
Office supplies include the products used day to day in places of business which are items like paper, staples, laser printers, computers, printers, fax machine and so on. Amongst these the most widely used is the paper in many kinds and forms. Paper is manufactured by cutting down millions of trees and this action is highly criticized since it destroys the Earth's natural habitat. This in turn gives rise to many hazardous consequences. The answer to all these ecologically damaging activities is recycling. To save trees we need to save paper. Also there are other natural resources like steel used in staplers that are abundantly utilized leading to a lot of wastage therein.
Keeping the environment and the non-renewable sources in mind, today many companies are involved in the production of eco friendly office supplies. In this consumption-driven world the use of green office products like recycled paper and other eco-friendly goods slows down depletion of forest resources, extends landfill life and reduces energy consumption thus lessening the effects of global warming in the long run. Besides it is not only eco-friendly it also turns out to be business-friendly for you by cutting down the costs incurred on regular office supplies and unnecessary mass use of these products.
Manufacturers of environment friendly office supplies provide us with highest quality recycled content, processed chlorine free papers and envelopes, remanufactured office products like MICR Lasers, copier and fax printer toner cartridges and office papers, stationeries, business cards and envelopes all made up of recycled paper. Other frequently used office supplies that are replaced with eco-friendly material are wall calendars, memo pads, desk pads, pocket folders, day timers and appointment calendars. All these are made up of 100% post consumer fibers and 100% recycled paper.
Opting for refurbished office items instead of constantly replacing the old with new is also a good way to contribute to the environment. Refill your laser print cartridges instead of replacing it with a new one. This reduces a lot of landfill waste and avoids unnecessary accumulation of toxic substances present in those cartridges when they are disposed away regularly in huge quantities. There are also printers available that are made up of recycled material. However, without your personal contribution the actual motive of usage of these recycled materials is rather incomplete. So in your own little way you can avoid overuse of these valuable yet simple products in the office by adopting certain means of conservation.
For instance, instead of printing on one side you can utilize both the sides. In fact, if possible you may even want to use email or bulletin boards to further reduce the use of paper. And while we are at it, you may also know that electricity is obtained from sources that may soon face depletion so you can do your part in powering down its usage by making it a habit to turn off your computer, printer, fax machine or scanner when not in use. Adopt these little steps and you are already on your way to securing a promising future to the coming generation.
Virgil Village Natural Dry Carpet Cleaning