Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Solano Canyon. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Solano Canyon
If you haven't started already, now is the best time to go green. One way of going green is by buying eco-friendly products. There are a number of ways to identify green products: look for companies that are going green, items made from renewable resources, etc. One of the things we often forget about, however, is what happens to the things we buy when we are finished with them? How eco-friendly can a product be if it just becomes regular old waste? So, how do we find eco-friendly products that reduce waste?
Here is a quick guide to finding the best eco-friendly products- those that reduce waste:
1) When you want to go green, look for biodegradable items. Paper is better than plastic, but beware of those paper products covered in a plastic coating. They will take just as long to go back to the earth (around 500 years) as plastic products. Green products are biodegradable products.
2) Eco-friendly products are recyclable. Check your city or county's recycling policies and methods. Make sure that what you buy is easily recyclable. A note on CFC bulbs here: they use much less energy and last longer than ordinary bulbs, but they have mercury in them, so don't throw them away. Check for a recycle program in your area for them.
3) When you buy big appliances or other big-ticket items, be sure to check the store or manufacturer to see if they offer a program for disposal when you have no more use for them. There are more and more companies that are going green out there, so check around.
4) Zero waste products. Look for products that are eco-friendly by finding those items that have no waste. Think creatively here. You don't need every book you buy in a paper version, do you? Try an E-book version. Instead of buying every CD you love, just purchase the download version. Digital is one way to convert to a zero waste lifestyle. Consider buying second-hand or passing things on for others to use when you're finished. Bring an Eco Bag (a great green product by the way) to the supermarket instead of taking home extra bags every time. Think of other ways in which you can convert to a zero waste lifestyle on the path to going green. Buy zero waste products
Whether you're just starting out or have been on the path to going green for a while now, find more ways to go green with eco-friendly products. Look for those products that are easily disposed of or reduce waste. Imagine a world with zero waste. I believe we will make a world like this someday. Let's do it sooner, rather than later.
Thanks for reading about going green with eco-friendly products and ways to reduce waste!
Hair Salons Focus on Eco-Friendly Products and Services
Over the ages, being eco friendly has taken on a lot of meanings. There was a time when you were eco friendly if you just stopped using paper. But the definition of eco friendly products definitely changed over the times. In more recent times, if you used predominantly natural products, or their derivatives, you were using eco friendly products. However, today, the definition has broadened more. Today, you are eco friendly not just by using eco friendly products, but also by taking care that the environment is not harmed in any way by the way you are using these products.
Though the meanings have changed, the basic essence remains the same. We have to be friendly to the ecology. And what does ecology mean? Ecology is a broad biological term that encompasses the various interactions different plants and animals have with each other. Our earth would not have survived if these relations did not exist. Thus ecology becomes the basic supporting system of the planet, whether it is the ecology of the Pacific Ocean, of the ecology of a rotting tree stump in a forest in Ghana. These are all parts that make up the all-important whole.
And that is why we need to go in for eco friendly products today. By doing so, we are using products that are all natural and non synthetic, and not just that, we are taking care that our environment is not harmed in any way. Replacing internal combustion engine vehicles by electric driven cars is one way we are trying to do this. Putting solar panels on the roofs of our houses is another way. Farms in most European and American houses that are using the power generated from windmills is yet another superb manner in which we are becoming eco friendly.
But we need not think eco friendly products are always big and expensive. There are various small things that we can do at our own level to become eco friendly. Just using only as much electricity as we want or recycling all paper that we use or not allowing the faucets to drip are all ways that we can implement in our homes. Though these are not eco friendly products per se, they are acting for the same purpose. They are also helping us to protect the environment by saving the exhaustible resources that exist in it and that way they are helping us to secure ourselves and your succeeding generations for the future.
But we can use completely eco friendly products and provide our contribution to the environment too. We can use solar cookers for example. We can use only cotton and linen and not those synthetic materials that look flashy but do nothing to protect our environment. We can put our own household mini-bans on using plastic and buy products of friendlier materials such as paper and cardboard. There are hundreds of things that we can do to be harmonious with the environment. It is all in taking the first step!
Solano Canyon Pet Friendly Carpet Cleaning