Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Burbank. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Burbank
Eco-friendly massage products are becoming an essential part of the massage industry. From the oils to the actual table that you are on while getting the massage, products are more green than ever.
Here are a few products that are used by massage therapists and are enjoyed by the person receiving the massage:
Scandle Candles LLC offers candles that also can be used as massage oil. The Mother Nature Network offers these candles that are very natural and bring warm light to the therapy room without putting pollutants into the air. These candles are chemical free and all natural and have neutral scents like honey and beeswax. The candles that melt to make massage oil are made from all natural, moisturizing soy.
Earthlite massage tables are manufactured by an environmentally conscious company and are made from farm raised wood instead of wood found in the rain forest. They are very high quality and have a lifetime warranty. Their motto is, to produce high quality products for the better of mankind. These tables are handmade in the Earthlite factories. The price is comparable to other massage tables of this quality. They are highly recommended by massage therapists.
Sweet Grass Farms offers laundry detergents, linen spray for the massage room and fabric softeners for the linens. All of these components are what a true eco-friendly masseuse would wash their laundry in and spray in their massage rooms. If you have natural products you do not want to launder them in a product that has a lot of chemicals. These products are all natural and are offered in lemon verbena and lavender.
Natura massage products are made from certified cotton, bamboo, hemp and other natural products. The bamboo bed sheets and bamboo spa wraps are environmentally friendly. This is also good news for the rainforest. Hemp and bamboo are two of the world's most renewable sources for wood and raw material for fabric.
Trade Key products offer a variety of massage creams, lotions and massage oils that are made of all natural ingredients. These are made from soy, milk and other natural ingredients. There are no preservatives or parabens in the products either, which few companies can promise.
It is important to remember that pregnant women should only have a massage with all natural ingredients like lavender, almond oil, lemon verbena, milk and various other products. Luckily, many spas offer a variety of natural products for pregnant women and eco-friendly consumers alike.
Natural products are very popular because they are healthier. With so many people suffering from allergies, it is best to avoid chemicals all together. If you are going to receive a massage or any service related to health, do yourself the favor and use products that are eco-friendly and chemical free.
The next time you are going in for a massage, rest, relax and enjoy but first ask for eco-friendly products so that you can enjoy your massage and so can Mother Earth.
Eco-Friendly Bamboo Beds - Product Spotlight
Greenwashing is prevalent. It is hard to discern what is really sustainable and eco-friendly in today's market place. This becomes extremely important when you are seeking to market your green janitorial cleaning service; select safe and green janitorial supplies for your operation; or developing green janitorial specifications for your service providers. To help you there are several reputable and reliable certifications available to help guide you.
Green certifications are not just a green colored label on the product. It is something that provides you with confidence that the product has undergone rigorous, scientific based, analysis and evaluation so you know you are using green janitorial supplies and chemicals that are safe for the planet and human health. Since we cannot (and likely do not want to) become a chemist, it is important to leverage valid green certifications. This way you can be confident that the chemicals are in janitorial chemicals, especially in green cleaning products and green janitorial supplies are safe, nontoxic and sustainable for our environment. It is for this reason that eco certification programs were developed and are closely followed. One of the oldest and most respected certification programs in the US is Green Seal.
Green Seal is dedicated to safeguarding the environment and transforming the marketplace by promoting the manufacture, purchase, and use of environmentally responsible products and services. In fact their mission is to use science-based programs to enable consumers, purchasers and companies to create a more sustainable world. They provide a third-party review and certification for you.
What does a third-party review mean to you? First, second, and third-party levels of review define the degree of separation between the reviewer and the company whose product is being reviewed. This is especially important when certifications are involved. Most marketing claims, material data safety sheets (MSDS), and product specifications that are provided by the company are considered first-party declarations and have not been independently tested or verified. Second-party review may be more credible because a trade association or outside consulting firm in the industry is presenting a verification of the company claims for you. One concern about a second-party review are the potential conflicts of interest (real or perceived). Whenever an independent third-party conducts the product testing and awards the certification the end-user, whether a residential or a commercial consumer, you can have the highest level of confidence in the claims.
Green Seal is a third-party reviewer. Since 1989 they have provided independent, objective, science-based guidance to the marketplace and to consumers. They are a (501(c)(3)) nonprofit organization that is funded from numerous sources, including contracts, grants, special projects, and revenue from certification and monitoring fees.
The Green Seal organization certifies everything from coffee filters to hotels. Standards that are issued to cover over 230 product and service categories. There are presently 8 standards for cleaning products for household and industrial / janitorial applications and 2 standards issued for cleaning services.
Green Seal Standards for Green Cleaning Products:
- GS-08 Cleaning Products for Household Use
- GS-21 Powdered Laundry Bleach
- GS-34 Cleaning and De-greasing Agents
- GS-37 Cleaning Products for Industrial and Institutional Use
- GS-40 Floor-Care Products for Industrial and Institutional Use
- GS-41 Hand Cleaners for Industrial and Institutional Use
- GS-52 Specialty Cleaning Products for Household Use
- GS-53 Specialty Cleaning Products for Industrial and Institutional Use
Green Seal Standards for Green Cleaning Services:
- GS-42 Commercial and Institutional Cleaning Services
- GS-49 Residential Cleaning Services
Any product displaying the Green Seal trademark means that it has passed stringent tests; demonstrated it works as well as or better than others in its class, and that it has been evaluated without bias or conflict of interest. Because of this rigor, Green Seal standards have been recognized and used by the US federal government, many state governments, and other key entities.
Products only become certified after rigorous science-based evaluation including a life cycle assessment that evaluates a product from the raw materials through the manufacturing process and ending with recycling or disposal. The Green Seal certification mark states the product has demonstrated the green janitorial supplies and green cleaning products have gone through a stringent process to show that it has less impact on the environment and human health.Â
Need more? Here are 6 More Reasons why Green Seal Environmental Certification is so strong. This will further expand your confidence the Green Seal certification program:
- The Green Seal mark represents compliance with a rigorous set of criteria designed to achieve leadership levels in sustainability, including on-site plant visits
- Some of the factors considered in evaluating the products are that they are: non-toxic, biodegradable, absent of any carcinogens, mutagens, and reproductive toxins, low-level of sensitivity with respect to eyes, skin, contains no heavy metals, phthalates or other prohibited ingredients, has minimal volatile organic compounds (VOC) or ozone depleting substances, and is non combustible.
- Green Seal is one of the largest eco labeling organizations in the US
- Green Seal is the U.S. member of GEN which consists of 26 of the world's leading eco labeling programs, including Germany's Blue Angel certification program and the Nordic swan.
- Green Seal meets the US EPA's Criteria for Third-Party Certifiers, the requirements of ISO 14020 and 14024, and the standards of the Global Eco Labeling Network.
- Green Seal certification is not just a "one-time deal". Companies establish an ongoing commitment to health and the environment through annual compliance monitoring and work towards continuous improvement.
Avoid greenwashing, seek products with one of the green certifications such as DfE, Ecologo, and/or Green Seal.
Burbank Organic Green Carpet Clean