Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Brentwood. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Brentwood
If you haven't started already, now is the best time to go green. One way of going green is by buying eco-friendly products. There are a number of ways to identify green products: look for companies that are going green, items made from renewable resources, etc. One of the things we often forget about, however, is what happens to the things we buy when we are finished with them? How eco-friendly can a product be if it just becomes regular old waste? So, how do we find eco-friendly products that reduce waste?
Here is a quick guide to finding the best eco-friendly products- those that reduce waste:
1) When you want to go green, look for biodegradable items. Paper is better than plastic, but beware of those paper products covered in a plastic coating. They will take just as long to go back to the earth (around 500 years) as plastic products. Green products are biodegradable products.
2) Eco-friendly products are recyclable. Check your city or county's recycling policies and methods. Make sure that what you buy is easily recyclable. A note on CFC bulbs here: they use much less energy and last longer than ordinary bulbs, but they have mercury in them, so don't throw them away. Check for a recycle program in your area for them.
3) When you buy big appliances or other big-ticket items, be sure to check the store or manufacturer to see if they offer a program for disposal when you have no more use for them. There are more and more companies that are going green out there, so check around.
4) Zero waste products. Look for products that are eco-friendly by finding those items that have no waste. Think creatively here. You don't need every book you buy in a paper version, do you? Try an E-book version. Instead of buying every CD you love, just purchase the download version. Digital is one way to convert to a zero waste lifestyle. Consider buying second-hand or passing things on for others to use when you're finished. Bring an Eco Bag (a great green product by the way) to the supermarket instead of taking home extra bags every time. Think of other ways in which you can convert to a zero waste lifestyle on the path to going green. Buy zero waste products
Whether you're just starting out or have been on the path to going green for a while now, find more ways to go green with eco-friendly products. Look for those products that are easily disposed of or reduce waste. Imagine a world with zero waste. I believe we will make a world like this someday. Let's do it sooner, rather than later.
Thanks for reading about going green with eco-friendly products and ways to reduce waste!
Why We Must All Go in For Eco Friendly Products Today?
In the last few years people have become much more ecologically concerned, including how they care for their lawns. Eco-friendly lawn care products have become very popular as a result. Not only are they safer for pets and children, these products offer less chance of causing water or air pollution. Considering the number of lawns both personal and business properties have, this can make a big difference in the amount of pollution being added to the planet.
Eco-friendly lawn care products are those that are created from natural ingredients as opposed to chemical ones. Many people hesitated to use these products because they could not see how their small lawns could make a difference in our ecology. Recent studies have helped to show just how much of a difference even one property owner can make. It is becoming more clear that all possible steps to reduce pollution are necessary.
If nothing else, switching to eco-friendly lawn care products can make it safer for your pets and children to play on the lawn. In the long term, it is even more beneficial. Many chemical pesticides that are used on lawns leech into the water systems, and can be harmful or fatal to birds that feed on the insects. Eco-friendly lawn care products pose none of these risks. They are just as effective with much less risk involved in their use.
There are eco-friendly lawn care products that can take the place of all chemical-based lawn products and they are reasonably priced. Some chemical-based products can be replaced by simple changes in your lawn care routine without the need for a product of any kind. As an example of this, consider chemical herbicides or weed killers. It is possible to remove most or all weeds just by leaving your grass at least 3 inches long and overseeding your yard in the fall.
If you have pest problems in your lawn you can find eco-friendly products like Grub-Away® Nematodes that naturally kill off most of the normal lawn pests without any danger to your pets or children. For the home gardener this is an even more effective product because it combats almost every kind of garden pest as well as those that affect your lawn. It completely removes the necessity of using chemical-based pesticides that can be harmful to your family as well as to the environment.
Even the big brand name manufacturers of lawn care products have seen the trend to change over to eco-friendly products and have begun to produce their own lines of eco-friendly products. This can be seen as proof that many people are becoming more concerned about the environment. Big manufacturers do not waste their time making products or changing their product line unless they are sure there is a market for the product. It is time to seriously consider changing over to eco-friendly lawn products if you have not already done so. They are readily available, reasonably priced, and safer for you and your family.
Brentwood No Chemical Carpet Cleaning