Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Thai Town. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Thai Town
Which products help the environment when you use them? This is one of the important questions in finding eco-friendly products. There are a number of ways of going green, and we should do all of them because our environmental situation is urgent. Buying eco-friendly products are one of the crucial ways of going green. So which ones are eco-friendly?
Which are the products that help the environment when you use them? Here is a quick list of products that help the environment, organized into 3 categories:
Those that reduce our need dirty for energy and help produce clean energy:
-Solar panels on the house
-Wind generators on our house or in the neighborhood
-Solar chargers, flashlights, etc.
Those that lower our energy consumption:
-LED light bulbs and screens
-Digital reading gadgets
Those that reduce or eliminate harm done to the environment:
-Bicycles (it's not too late to take up this past-time and get in shape while saving the planet)
-Push lawn-mowers (yes, another habit-changing device)
Take out a pencil and see if you can't come up with a list of more eco-friendly items or products that help the environment with their use. Think about those things that you have in your house already that help the environment. Expand your mind to consider more than just "Green" or "Eco-Friendly" products. Think about those products you could use to replace current energy-hogs or products that are more reusable and/or more easily disposable.
If you haven't started already, now is the time to start out onto the path of going green. Eco-friendly products are a good way to begin.
Thanks for reading about eco-friendly products that help the environment, a great start to going green!
Keep Your Carpet Clean With Eco-Friendly Products
In the last few years people have become much more ecologically concerned, including how they care for their lawns. Eco-friendly lawn care products have become very popular as a result. Not only are they safer for pets and children, these products offer less chance of causing water or air pollution. Considering the number of lawns both personal and business properties have, this can make a big difference in the amount of pollution being added to the planet.
Eco-friendly lawn care products are those that are created from natural ingredients as opposed to chemical ones. Many people hesitated to use these products because they could not see how their small lawns could make a difference in our ecology. Recent studies have helped to show just how much of a difference even one property owner can make. It is becoming more clear that all possible steps to reduce pollution are necessary.
If nothing else, switching to eco-friendly lawn care products can make it safer for your pets and children to play on the lawn. In the long term, it is even more beneficial. Many chemical pesticides that are used on lawns leech into the water systems, and can be harmful or fatal to birds that feed on the insects. Eco-friendly lawn care products pose none of these risks. They are just as effective with much less risk involved in their use.
There are eco-friendly lawn care products that can take the place of all chemical-based lawn products and they are reasonably priced. Some chemical-based products can be replaced by simple changes in your lawn care routine without the need for a product of any kind. As an example of this, consider chemical herbicides or weed killers. It is possible to remove most or all weeds just by leaving your grass at least 3 inches long and overseeding your yard in the fall.
If you have pest problems in your lawn you can find eco-friendly products like Grub-Away® Nematodes that naturally kill off most of the normal lawn pests without any danger to your pets or children. For the home gardener this is an even more effective product because it combats almost every kind of garden pest as well as those that affect your lawn. It completely removes the necessity of using chemical-based pesticides that can be harmful to your family as well as to the environment.
Even the big brand name manufacturers of lawn care products have seen the trend to change over to eco-friendly products and have begun to produce their own lines of eco-friendly products. This can be seen as proof that many people are becoming more concerned about the environment. Big manufacturers do not waste their time making products or changing their product line unless they are sure there is a market for the product. It is time to seriously consider changing over to eco-friendly lawn products if you have not already done so. They are readily available, reasonably priced, and safer for you and your family.
Thai Town Natural Dry Carpet Cleaning