Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Pasadena. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Pasadena
With environmental concerns gaining in priority it is important to embrace eco-friendly solutions where possible. This top ten details the best office supplies and equipment out there for the green aware, each of the items listed has been specifically designed by the manufacturer to provide an environmentally friendly alternative to an exisiting product; without compromising on quality, practicality or ease of use:
1- Canon Bright Recycled Paper
Canon are renowned for their printers and consumables, with their Bright Recycled Paper range they can confidently add recycled paper to that list. This high quality 80gsm paper is made from 100% reclaimed paper waste and produces brilliant results on all office machines. Available in A3 and A4 sizes this paper is perfect for general printing as well as important presentations and reports.
2- Basildon Bond Recycled Envelopes
Whether for home or office use, these versatile envelopes are available in white or manila and feature peel and seal fastening. Not only is the paper used 100% recycled, but the viewing window is made from corn as opposed to petrochemical plastic meaning less impact on the environment in production and a biodegradable end product which can be processed as paper recycling waste.
3- Ecolabel Recycled Paper Barrel Flipchart Markers
These flipchart marker pens from the appropriately named Ecolabel use water-based ink as opposed to the harmful, solvent based alternatives. In addition to an ecologically sound ink, the barrels of the pens are made from recycled paper which has been treated to offer maximum durability and practicality.
4- Scotch Natural Fibre Film Magic Tape
Scotch Natural Fibre Film Magic Tape is one of the most environmentally aware sticky tape products available. The core is made from 100% recycled cardboard, the dispenser is made from 100% recycled plastic and the tape itself is manufactured using natural fibres as opposed to petrochemicals. This eco-friendly tape is even sold in 100% recycled cardboard packaging (without plastic film) and both the packaging and core can be recycled when the tape runs out.
5- Colop Green Line Word Stamp
This stamp certainly gets our seal of approval. Manufactured from 80% plus recycled plastics, this self-inking stamp is made with eco-awareness in mind. The ink pad provides literally thousands of crisp impressions and the packaging is 100% recycled, uncoloured cardboard. The only aspect of this item which isn't 'green' is the colour of the ink…which is red for maximum visibility.
6- Rapid Eco Tacker
Also referred to as a 'staple gun' this environmentally ethical Tacker from Rapid's Eco range is manufactured using 80% recycled plastic. Available in a range of sizes for hobby use through to industrial application, all models are shipped in 100% recycled cardboard with soy based ink printing - which mirrors the sustainable nature of the item itself.
7- Jiffy Green Bubble Wrap
Bubble wrap and packaging materials in general tend to illicit concern from environmental circles due to the waste they tend to produce. With their Green Bubble Film, Jiffy successfully address this by utilising 100% recycled polythene. Suitable for all forms of cushioning, wrapping and void filling - this recycled material provides maximum protection with minimum environmental impact.
8- Aurora EcoCalc Calculator
The EcoCalc is one of the most environmentally friendly pieces of electrical equipment on the market. With a recycled plastic keyboard, zero air miles travelled and 90% recycled packaging you won't find a more eco-ethical calculator anywhere. In addition to the green credentials of the item and its packaging, the use of solar cells for power mean that this calculator from Aurora doesn't impact on the planet when used either.
9- Concord Half Flap Document Wallets
With their Half Flap Document Wallets, Concord offer the perfect storage receptacle for all of those vital documents (printed on recycled paper we hope). Made from heavyweight, 285 gsm, 100% recycled cardboard these rugged folders help to preserve both the planet and your important paperwork.
10- 5 Star Compatible Inkjet Cartridges
Remanufactured from empty OEM printer cartridges, these compatible inkjet cartridges consist of 70-90% recycled materials and components by weight. In addition to offering a low cost alternative to 'official' branded ink cartridges and a high proportion of recycled materials they are packaged in R-PET blister packs which contain up to 80% recycled plastic. All cartridges comply with the European REACH regulations (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) to assure protection of the environment in manufacture of all parts and materials.
The products listed here are just an example of the huge range of environmentally ethical office supplies and equipment currently available.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products
Last week's article discussed eco-friendly summer events taking place around the country. These events range from discussion forums about eco-friendly living to music festivals that focus on staying green and having little impact on the environment. I had the opportunity to attend Rothbury, which is one of the eco-friendly music festivals. This event strives on making their event as eco-friendly as possible. Here is a list of the top 5 eco-friendly things happening at the second annual Rothbury.
1) Utensils made of corn: After ordering some delicious food at the festival, I noticed that my fork wasn't a plastic fork like I am use to getting but was instead made of corn. This corn made utensil reduced the amount of plastic at the festival. Having products made from renewable plant sources paralleled with their idea of having a green festival. The forks were sturdy and easy to dispose of properly.
2) Green Team: The Green Team was great at Rothbury. They were there around the clock helping Rothburians dispose of their garbage properly. All around the festival there were areas where someone was there to assist whether items should be placed in compost, recycling or trash. Having these people around was great and very helpful!
3) Think Tank: The Think Tank at Rothbury was a place for like-minded people to gather and talk about important topics surrounding the environment. They discussed such things as the green economy, green jobs and ways to reduce your energy bills. Having the Think Tank allowed for concertgoers to take a break from the music and have a discussion about these eco-friendly ideas.
4) Reclaimed art: Throughout the festival grounds, there were large-scale art that made bold statements about recycling, sustainability and being eco-friendly. All the art was made from reused, recycled and natural materials. These larger than life pieces were reflected all of what Rothbury was about. As one walked through the forest there was no choice but to stop at look at these pieces made from recycled materials.
5) Human energy to charge cell phones: This was the most eco-friendly thing going on at Rothbury and I found it to be very impressive. At this booth, people rode stationary bikes together to charge their cell phones! If that doesn't scream eco-friendly, I don't know what does. As Rothbury attendees peddled together, they were able to generate enough power to charge cell phones and even record music. The electricity was generated and then used to digitally record songs that were later available for download. Exercise, charge your phone, record music and be eco-friendly all at the same time!
Rothbury was a great 4-day festival that promoted sustainability. It was great gathering with people that enjoy great music and doing things great for the environment. Having festivals such as this one encourages people to be more eco-friendly which is always a good thing!
Guffly is a one product per day online store and community featuring eco friendly products and fair trade lifestyle goods like home, pet, clothing, office and personal accessories. We know that people aren't interested in ugly stuff, so you can bet Guffly's green products are stylish, fun and attractive - eco stylish if you will.
Pasadena Commercial Carpet Cleaning Companies