Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Sunset Hills. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Sunset Hills
If house cleaning isn't your forte, and you really want your carpet to look as good as new for some time to come, you should send it to a professional cleaning company. However, a majority of carpet cleaning companies use cleaning products which contain highly toxic substances like acids, naphthalene, perchloroethylene and formaldehyde. But all is not lost.
Today, people have become more aware of their health and wellbeing. That's why there are carpet cleaning professionals who offer green cleaning methods. So, always opt for an eco-friendly carpet cleaning service that saves the world as well as delivers your carpet to your doorstep perfectly clean.
Advantages of environmentally friendly cleaning products
• They do not contain any toxic ingredients- They are made using natural and organic materials which are biodegradable and do not cause any harm to the environment.
• They help in saving the environment- They say that every little step counts towards making the world greener and cleaner. Well, using eco-friendly cleaning products certainly is a small step, but it is turning out to be quite a popular option. These products prove to be as effective as other cleaning products and they are less harmful. You can reduce your carbon footprints by opting for environmentally-friendly carpet cleaning.
• There are many eco-friendly alternatives available at affordable rates- If you choose to buy a brand name eco-friendly cleaning, the price might be slightly higher than the regular products. But there are a number of alternatives that are available at cheaper rates. Organic carpet cleaning can also be ordered online at discounted rates.
• Some household items which are eco-friendly can be used to clean your carpet- You can use alcohol, vinegar or baking soda to clean your carpet and keep it looking fresh. Using these is much cheaper than buying industrial cleaning products. You can also try using club soda, borax or mild dishwashing soap.
• They are healthier options- Regular carpet cleaning products tend to leave harmful toxic residues on the carpet even after thorough rinsing and drying. These can severely affect the health of your pets or family members. Organic cleaning products are much healthier options! Even if they leave behind a residue, you needn't worry about the havoc it will wreak with the health of your loved ones.
• They keep your carpet clean for longer periods of time- Regular cleaning often leave behind a chemical residue which tends to attract dirt and dust particles. Organic cleaning products do not leave any such residue. So, the chances of your carpet attracting dirt and allergens reduce significantly.
Using eco-friendly, organic products and techniques is rapidly becoming a popular trend and many carpet cleaning services are also switching to eco-friendly products.
Going Green With Eco-Friendly Products - Buy Products Made From Renewable Resources
Last week's article discussed eco-friendly summer events taking place around the country. These events range from discussion forums about eco-friendly living to music festivals that focus on staying green and having little impact on the environment. I had the opportunity to attend Rothbury, which is one of the eco-friendly music festivals. This event strives on making their event as eco-friendly as possible. Here is a list of the top 5 eco-friendly things happening at the second annual Rothbury.
1) Utensils made of corn: After ordering some delicious food at the festival, I noticed that my fork wasn't a plastic fork like I am use to getting but was instead made of corn. This corn made utensil reduced the amount of plastic at the festival. Having products made from renewable plant sources paralleled with their idea of having a green festival. The forks were sturdy and easy to dispose of properly.
2) Green Team: The Green Team was great at Rothbury. They were there around the clock helping Rothburians dispose of their garbage properly. All around the festival there were areas where someone was there to assist whether items should be placed in compost, recycling or trash. Having these people around was great and very helpful!
3) Think Tank: The Think Tank at Rothbury was a place for like-minded people to gather and talk about important topics surrounding the environment. They discussed such things as the green economy, green jobs and ways to reduce your energy bills. Having the Think Tank allowed for concertgoers to take a break from the music and have a discussion about these eco-friendly ideas.
4) Reclaimed art: Throughout the festival grounds, there were large-scale art that made bold statements about recycling, sustainability and being eco-friendly. All the art was made from reused, recycled and natural materials. These larger than life pieces were reflected all of what Rothbury was about. As one walked through the forest there was no choice but to stop at look at these pieces made from recycled materials.
5) Human energy to charge cell phones: This was the most eco-friendly thing going on at Rothbury and I found it to be very impressive. At this booth, people rode stationary bikes together to charge their cell phones! If that doesn't scream eco-friendly, I don't know what does. As Rothbury attendees peddled together, they were able to generate enough power to charge cell phones and even record music. The electricity was generated and then used to digitally record songs that were later available for download. Exercise, charge your phone, record music and be eco-friendly all at the same time!
Rothbury was a great 4-day festival that promoted sustainability. It was great gathering with people that enjoy great music and doing things great for the environment. Having festivals such as this one encourages people to be more eco-friendly which is always a good thing!
Guffly is a one product per day online store and community featuring eco friendly products and fair trade lifestyle goods like home, pet, clothing, office and personal accessories. We know that people aren't interested in ugly stuff, so you can bet Guffly's green products are stylish, fun and attractive - eco stylish if you will.
Sunset Hills Safe Household Cleaning Products