Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Sunset Hills. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Sunset Hills
Eco-friendly massage products are becoming an essential part of the massage industry. From the oils to the actual table that you are on while getting the massage, products are more green than ever.
Here are a few products that are used by massage therapists and are enjoyed by the person receiving the massage:
Scandle Candles LLC offers candles that also can be used as massage oil. The Mother Nature Network offers these candles that are very natural and bring warm light to the therapy room without putting pollutants into the air. These candles are chemical free and all natural and have neutral scents like honey and beeswax. The candles that melt to make massage oil are made from all natural, moisturizing soy.
Earthlite massage tables are manufactured by an environmentally conscious company and are made from farm raised wood instead of wood found in the rain forest. They are very high quality and have a lifetime warranty. Their motto is, to produce high quality products for the better of mankind. These tables are handmade in the Earthlite factories. The price is comparable to other massage tables of this quality. They are highly recommended by massage therapists.
Sweet Grass Farms offers laundry detergents, linen spray for the massage room and fabric softeners for the linens. All of these components are what a true eco-friendly masseuse would wash their laundry in and spray in their massage rooms. If you have natural products you do not want to launder them in a product that has a lot of chemicals. These products are all natural and are offered in lemon verbena and lavender.
Natura massage products are made from certified cotton, bamboo, hemp and other natural products. The bamboo bed sheets and bamboo spa wraps are environmentally friendly. This is also good news for the rainforest. Hemp and bamboo are two of the world's most renewable sources for wood and raw material for fabric.
Trade Key products offer a variety of massage creams, lotions and massage oils that are made of all natural ingredients. These are made from soy, milk and other natural ingredients. There are no preservatives or parabens in the products either, which few companies can promise.
It is important to remember that pregnant women should only have a massage with all natural ingredients like lavender, almond oil, lemon verbena, milk and various other products. Luckily, many spas offer a variety of natural products for pregnant women and eco-friendly consumers alike.
Natural products are very popular because they are healthier. With so many people suffering from allergies, it is best to avoid chemicals all together. If you are going to receive a massage or any service related to health, do yourself the favor and use products that are eco-friendly and chemical free.
The next time you are going in for a massage, rest, relax and enjoy but first ask for eco-friendly products so that you can enjoy your massage and so can Mother Earth.
Eco-Friendly, Green, and Consumer Conscious Choices
If you haven't started already, now is the best time to go green. One way of going green is by buying eco-friendly products. There are a number of ways to identify green products: look for companies that are going green, items made from renewable resources, etc. One of the things we often forget about, however, is what happens to the things we buy when we are finished with them? How eco-friendly can a product be if it just becomes regular old waste? So, how do we find eco-friendly products that reduce waste?
Here is a quick guide to finding the best eco-friendly products- those that reduce waste:
1) When you want to go green, look for biodegradable items. Paper is better than plastic, but beware of those paper products covered in a plastic coating. They will take just as long to go back to the earth (around 500 years) as plastic products. Green products are biodegradable products.
2) Eco-friendly products are recyclable. Check your city or county's recycling policies and methods. Make sure that what you buy is easily recyclable. A note on CFC bulbs here: they use much less energy and last longer than ordinary bulbs, but they have mercury in them, so don't throw them away. Check for a recycle program in your area for them.
3) When you buy big appliances or other big-ticket items, be sure to check the store or manufacturer to see if they offer a program for disposal when you have no more use for them. There are more and more companies that are going green out there, so check around.
4) Zero waste products. Look for products that are eco-friendly by finding those items that have no waste. Think creatively here. You don't need every book you buy in a paper version, do you? Try an E-book version. Instead of buying every CD you love, just purchase the download version. Digital is one way to convert to a zero waste lifestyle. Consider buying second-hand or passing things on for others to use when you're finished. Bring an Eco Bag (a great green product by the way) to the supermarket instead of taking home extra bags every time. Think of other ways in which you can convert to a zero waste lifestyle on the path to going green. Buy zero waste products
Whether you're just starting out or have been on the path to going green for a while now, find more ways to go green with eco-friendly products. Look for those products that are easily disposed of or reduce waste. Imagine a world with zero waste. I believe we will make a world like this someday. Let's do it sooner, rather than later.
Thanks for reading about going green with eco-friendly products and ways to reduce waste!
Sunset Hills Safe Household Cleaning Products