Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Malibu. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Malibu
Buying Eco friendly products is becoming more and more popular. But what are the pros and cons of trying to make purchases in an eco friendly way?
Cost: Buying environmentally friendly can cost more initially.
Harder to find: You can run to the local chain store and find almost anything you need. But is it your best choice for the environment? Probably not. Eco friendly products can be more difficult to locate.
Research: To find products that are friendly environmentally you need to do a little research into the companies and organizations that sell the products. Do their products really run on solar power alone? Are their products made from recycled materials as they claim? Make sure you get what you pay for and receive the energy savings expected.
Long term savings: Earth friendly products are energy efficient. This means they are not only good for the environment, but they'll save you money in the long run due to lower fuel bills. Most eco-friendly products are well made and will last longer than their cheaper made comparisons.
Health benefits: Eco-friendly products are designed to make you and your family live healthier lives. Purer water, organic foods, reduced allergens, less processed food. It's not just about the Earth becoming healthier; it's about your family reaping health benefits, also.
Less waste: When you buy in bulk you reduce extra packaging that individually wrapped products require. Less packing, less trash. By reusing the back side of paper you have less paper to throw away. When you cut down on paper products and use cloth napkins you cut down on waste. Everything adds up to less waste in the landfill and less emptying the garbage can for you.
Develops Habits: Buying Earth friendly products is a habit like any other. The more you do it, the more it seems like the natural thing to do. It also teaches your children to maintain the same habit. As they grow older they'll make eco-friendly choices automatically.
Sometimes the secret to living a more eco-friendly life is locating the right sources of products. The good news is, when you find a source for good products they'll usually have a large selection that have already been researched and approved. Find an organization you trust so you can feel good about taking their recommendations.
Buying Earth friendly products can quickly become a way of life once you weigh all the pros and cons.
Different Kinds of Eco-Friendly Bags
Over the ages, being eco friendly has taken on a lot of meanings. There was a time when you were eco friendly if you just stopped using paper. But the definition of eco friendly products definitely changed over the times. In more recent times, if you used predominantly natural products, or their derivatives, you were using eco friendly products. However, today, the definition has broadened more. Today, you are eco friendly not just by using eco friendly products, but also by taking care that the environment is not harmed in any way by the way you are using these products.
Though the meanings have changed, the basic essence remains the same. We have to be friendly to the ecology. And what does ecology mean? Ecology is a broad biological term that encompasses the various interactions different plants and animals have with each other. Our earth would not have survived if these relations did not exist. Thus ecology becomes the basic supporting system of the planet, whether it is the ecology of the Pacific Ocean, of the ecology of a rotting tree stump in a forest in Ghana. These are all parts that make up the all-important whole.
And that is why we need to go in for eco friendly products today. By doing so, we are using products that are all natural and non synthetic, and not just that, we are taking care that our environment is not harmed in any way. Replacing internal combustion engine vehicles by electric driven cars is one way we are trying to do this. Putting solar panels on the roofs of our houses is another way. Farms in most European and American houses that are using the power generated from windmills is yet another superb manner in which we are becoming eco friendly.
But we need not think eco friendly products are always big and expensive. There are various small things that we can do at our own level to become eco friendly. Just using only as much electricity as we want or recycling all paper that we use or not allowing the faucets to drip are all ways that we can implement in our homes. Though these are not eco friendly products per se, they are acting for the same purpose. They are also helping us to protect the environment by saving the exhaustible resources that exist in it and that way they are helping us to secure ourselves and your succeeding generations for the future.
But we can use completely eco friendly products and provide our contribution to the environment too. We can use solar cookers for example. We can use only cotton and linen and not those synthetic materials that look flashy but do nothing to protect our environment. We can put our own household mini-bans on using plastic and buy products of friendlier materials such as paper and cardboard. There are hundreds of things that we can do to be harmonious with the environment. It is all in taking the first step!
Malibu Best Green Cleaning Products