Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Brentwood. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Brentwood
Eco-friendly living is taking a new turn. We have the ecofriendly clothing, eco office supplies and organic food but there are some products out there that you wouldn't think could be green. It's great to see so many people stretching the idea of green living to other areas of life. Here is a list of the top 5 things you wouldn't think could be eco-friendly.
1) Eco-friendly textile coffins: Who knew that eco-friendly living could be utilized even when you're not living. There is a new trend emerging and it is green coffins. Many of the eco coffins out there are made from recycled newspaper and recycled silk and mulberry leaves. Some are even made of extra thick corrugated board or cardboard. These cardboard and recycled paper coffins are good for the environment and are just as functional as traditional coffins. Eco-friendly coffins are a great way to make your last green impression.
2) Eco-friendly fireworks: With the fourth of July behind us those that are big firework fans are preparing for next years celebration or really any occasion to set off some fireworks. Traditional fireworks are fun and exciting but can harm the environment. Scientist are trying to come up with more earth friendly fireworks that wouldn't produce as much smoke and toxins as traditional fireworks do. There's no telling when these fireworks will be on the market but you can expect that they will be more expensive than traditional fireworks. Look out for these environmentally friendly fireworks!
3) Eco-friendly pizza box: Looking to enjoy a delicious pizza anytime soon? There is a new pizza box out there that is made from completely recycled and recyclable corrugated cardboard. The manufacturer of the eco pizza box not only produced the box from recyclable good but also made it more eco-friendly by allowing the consumer to make plates from the box. The top of the eco-box can be made into four individual serving plates so there is no extra need for paper or plastic plates. The bottom portion of the pizza box can then be folded over to store leftover pizza in any refrigerator.
4) Eco NBC studio: That's right there is an eco-friendly NBC studio. With Jimmy Fallon taking the stage as NBC's "Late Night" host, he has requested everything in the studio be green. He wants everything to be earth friendly so they will be using recycled metal and all green lighting. This will be the first eco television studio that will be completely green. This will sure bring him more support from earth conscious viewers.
5) Green bathrooms: The Habana Outpost is Brooklyn, New York is the first ecofriendly eatery in its area. Not only is their food delicious and affordable they also have an eco-friendly bathroom that is worth mentioning. Their eco-friendly bathroom is a greenhouse style bathroom that has a sink and toilet rainwater recycling system. This bathroom saves an average of 40,000 gallons of water a week! This environmentally friendly bathroom doubles as a functioning green house, so next time your in Brooklyn, NY be sure to stop by this bathroom.
Eco-Friendly Bamboo Beds - Product Spotlight
With environmental concerns gaining in priority it is important to embrace eco-friendly solutions where possible. This top ten details the best office supplies and equipment out there for the green aware, each of the items listed has been specifically designed by the manufacturer to provide an environmentally friendly alternative to an exisiting product; without compromising on quality, practicality or ease of use:
1- Canon Bright Recycled Paper
Canon are renowned for their printers and consumables, with their Bright Recycled Paper range they can confidently add recycled paper to that list. This high quality 80gsm paper is made from 100% reclaimed paper waste and produces brilliant results on all office machines. Available in A3 and A4 sizes this paper is perfect for general printing as well as important presentations and reports.
2- Basildon Bond Recycled Envelopes
Whether for home or office use, these versatile envelopes are available in white or manila and feature peel and seal fastening. Not only is the paper used 100% recycled, but the viewing window is made from corn as opposed to petrochemical plastic meaning less impact on the environment in production and a biodegradable end product which can be processed as paper recycling waste.
3- Ecolabel Recycled Paper Barrel Flipchart Markers
These flipchart marker pens from the appropriately named Ecolabel use water-based ink as opposed to the harmful, solvent based alternatives. In addition to an ecologically sound ink, the barrels of the pens are made from recycled paper which has been treated to offer maximum durability and practicality.
4- Scotch Natural Fibre Film Magic Tape
Scotch Natural Fibre Film Magic Tape is one of the most environmentally aware sticky tape products available. The core is made from 100% recycled cardboard, the dispenser is made from 100% recycled plastic and the tape itself is manufactured using natural fibres as opposed to petrochemicals. This eco-friendly tape is even sold in 100% recycled cardboard packaging (without plastic film) and both the packaging and core can be recycled when the tape runs out.
5- Colop Green Line Word Stamp
This stamp certainly gets our seal of approval. Manufactured from 80% plus recycled plastics, this self-inking stamp is made with eco-awareness in mind. The ink pad provides literally thousands of crisp impressions and the packaging is 100% recycled, uncoloured cardboard. The only aspect of this item which isn't 'green' is the colour of the ink…which is red for maximum visibility.
6- Rapid Eco Tacker
Also referred to as a 'staple gun' this environmentally ethical Tacker from Rapid's Eco range is manufactured using 80% recycled plastic. Available in a range of sizes for hobby use through to industrial application, all models are shipped in 100% recycled cardboard with soy based ink printing - which mirrors the sustainable nature of the item itself.
7- Jiffy Green Bubble Wrap
Bubble wrap and packaging materials in general tend to illicit concern from environmental circles due to the waste they tend to produce. With their Green Bubble Film, Jiffy successfully address this by utilising 100% recycled polythene. Suitable for all forms of cushioning, wrapping and void filling - this recycled material provides maximum protection with minimum environmental impact.
8- Aurora EcoCalc Calculator
The EcoCalc is one of the most environmentally friendly pieces of electrical equipment on the market. With a recycled plastic keyboard, zero air miles travelled and 90% recycled packaging you won't find a more eco-ethical calculator anywhere. In addition to the green credentials of the item and its packaging, the use of solar cells for power mean that this calculator from Aurora doesn't impact on the planet when used either.
9- Concord Half Flap Document Wallets
With their Half Flap Document Wallets, Concord offer the perfect storage receptacle for all of those vital documents (printed on recycled paper we hope). Made from heavyweight, 285 gsm, 100% recycled cardboard these rugged folders help to preserve both the planet and your important paperwork.
10- 5 Star Compatible Inkjet Cartridges
Remanufactured from empty OEM printer cartridges, these compatible inkjet cartridges consist of 70-90% recycled materials and components by weight. In addition to offering a low cost alternative to 'official' branded ink cartridges and a high proportion of recycled materials they are packaged in R-PET blister packs which contain up to 80% recycled plastic. All cartridges comply with the European REACH regulations (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) to assure protection of the environment in manufacture of all parts and materials.
The products listed here are just an example of the huge range of environmentally ethical office supplies and equipment currently available.
Brentwood No Chemical Carpet Cleaning