Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Sunset Hills. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Sunset Hills
Many consumers are doing their part to find eco-friendly household goods, lighting and other methods of recycling waste to cut down the impact that many of these things have on our environment and natural resources. Furniture is also something can be explored in terms of finding green alternatives. One such alternative is in the form of bamboo.
Bamboo is featured in many products from chopsticks, fencing, musical instruments, flooring, and of course furniture. The pulp from the bamboo plant can also be turned into material or fabric for use in products like mattress coverings, clothing and other uses. Something else that the bamboo plant produce are called shoots. These shoots are cylindrical almost in the shape of a tusk and protrude out away from the base of the plant. In China these shoots are harvested in the spring and winter. The outer part of the shoot is peeled off and they can be cooked and eaten. Chinese consider these a vegetable and can be found throughout markets during the different seasons that they are harvested.
Bamboo is often mistaken as a hardwood from China. It is true that Bamboo is found throughout Asia and most of China however bamboo is actually classified as a plant or a grass. Bamboo grows very quickly and as it matures the stalk of the bamboo grass hardens considerably and typically within 5-7 years many species of bamboo plants have reached almost 60-70 feet tall at which time they can be harvested. Compare this with the fact that most oak and maple trees of the same size take between 40-45 years to reach this same height says a lot about the quick maturity of bamboo plants. Once harvested bamboo can usually be reseeded in about 3 months where the grass will again grow quickly replenishing the land in a short amount of time. This cannot be said however for hardwood trees like oak and maple that require decades of growth. That is why many environmentalists believe using bamboo as an alternative building material or resource can help to alleviate the use of these woods.
A furniture manufacturer in the United States by the name of Ramblin Wood actually decided that they wanted to offer beds in an alternative wood source to help provide customers with the choice of getting furniture made with eco-friendly materials. They visited the Las Vegas market which led them to California and eventually took them all the way to Shanghai China where they discovered a manufacturer making moso bamboo boards for building and construction. They toured the plant as well as the countryside where the bamboo was being harvested and replanted and were quite amazed by the fact that there was no clear cutting. The bamboo was being reseeded so quickly that no sooner had bamboo been harvested people were preparing the soil for replanting. This seemed to them to be a responsibly harvested resource with little to no impact on the environment and Ramblin Wood decided to begin importing the moso bamboo boards into the United States for creating bamboo beds, nightstands, bed drawers and dressers.
After reading this article I hope you'll find that bamboo is an ecological friendly choice as an alternative to other building resources. Bamboo beds, musical instruments, flooring and kitchen cutting boards are just a few of the many uses that bamboo can offer. Bamboo is classified as a grass and because it can be grown, harvested and reseeded so quickly it makes its usefulness as a responsible alternative to hardwoods very apparent. Bamboo is also a source of food in many Asian countries and this further increases its worth as a resource which sets it apart from hardwoods. Alternative building materials like bamboo make sense not only for our homes but also for our planet.
The Pro's and Con's of Earth Friendly Products
If house cleaning isn't your forte, and you really want your carpet to look as good as new for some time to come, you should send it to a professional cleaning company. However, a majority of carpet cleaning companies use cleaning products which contain highly toxic substances like acids, naphthalene, perchloroethylene and formaldehyde. But all is not lost.
Today, people have become more aware of their health and wellbeing. That's why there are carpet cleaning professionals who offer green cleaning methods. So, always opt for an eco-friendly carpet cleaning service that saves the world as well as delivers your carpet to your doorstep perfectly clean.
Advantages of environmentally friendly cleaning products
• They do not contain any toxic ingredients- They are made using natural and organic materials which are biodegradable and do not cause any harm to the environment.
• They help in saving the environment- They say that every little step counts towards making the world greener and cleaner. Well, using eco-friendly cleaning products certainly is a small step, but it is turning out to be quite a popular option. These products prove to be as effective as other cleaning products and they are less harmful. You can reduce your carbon footprints by opting for environmentally-friendly carpet cleaning.
• There are many eco-friendly alternatives available at affordable rates- If you choose to buy a brand name eco-friendly cleaning, the price might be slightly higher than the regular products. But there are a number of alternatives that are available at cheaper rates. Organic carpet cleaning can also be ordered online at discounted rates.
• Some household items which are eco-friendly can be used to clean your carpet- You can use alcohol, vinegar or baking soda to clean your carpet and keep it looking fresh. Using these is much cheaper than buying industrial cleaning products. You can also try using club soda, borax or mild dishwashing soap.
• They are healthier options- Regular carpet cleaning products tend to leave harmful toxic residues on the carpet even after thorough rinsing and drying. These can severely affect the health of your pets or family members. Organic cleaning products are much healthier options! Even if they leave behind a residue, you needn't worry about the havoc it will wreak with the health of your loved ones.
• They keep your carpet clean for longer periods of time- Regular cleaning often leave behind a chemical residue which tends to attract dirt and dust particles. Organic cleaning products do not leave any such residue. So, the chances of your carpet attracting dirt and allergens reduce significantly.
Using eco-friendly, organic products and techniques is rapidly becoming a popular trend and many carpet cleaning services are also switching to eco-friendly products.
Sunset Hills Safe Household Cleaning Products