Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Melrose Hill. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Melrose Hill
Eco-friendly living is taking a new turn. We have the ecofriendly clothing, eco office supplies and organic food but there are some products out there that you wouldn't think could be green. It's great to see so many people stretching the idea of green living to other areas of life. Here is a list of the top 5 things you wouldn't think could be eco-friendly.
1) Eco-friendly textile coffins: Who knew that eco-friendly living could be utilized even when you're not living. There is a new trend emerging and it is green coffins. Many of the eco coffins out there are made from recycled newspaper and recycled silk and mulberry leaves. Some are even made of extra thick corrugated board or cardboard. These cardboard and recycled paper coffins are good for the environment and are just as functional as traditional coffins. Eco-friendly coffins are a great way to make your last green impression.
2) Eco-friendly fireworks: With the fourth of July behind us those that are big firework fans are preparing for next years celebration or really any occasion to set off some fireworks. Traditional fireworks are fun and exciting but can harm the environment. Scientist are trying to come up with more earth friendly fireworks that wouldn't produce as much smoke and toxins as traditional fireworks do. There's no telling when these fireworks will be on the market but you can expect that they will be more expensive than traditional fireworks. Look out for these environmentally friendly fireworks!
3) Eco-friendly pizza box: Looking to enjoy a delicious pizza anytime soon? There is a new pizza box out there that is made from completely recycled and recyclable corrugated cardboard. The manufacturer of the eco pizza box not only produced the box from recyclable good but also made it more eco-friendly by allowing the consumer to make plates from the box. The top of the eco-box can be made into four individual serving plates so there is no extra need for paper or plastic plates. The bottom portion of the pizza box can then be folded over to store leftover pizza in any refrigerator.
4) Eco NBC studio: That's right there is an eco-friendly NBC studio. With Jimmy Fallon taking the stage as NBC's "Late Night" host, he has requested everything in the studio be green. He wants everything to be earth friendly so they will be using recycled metal and all green lighting. This will be the first eco television studio that will be completely green. This will sure bring him more support from earth conscious viewers.
5) Green bathrooms: The Habana Outpost is Brooklyn, New York is the first ecofriendly eatery in its area. Not only is their food delicious and affordable they also have an eco-friendly bathroom that is worth mentioning. Their eco-friendly bathroom is a greenhouse style bathroom that has a sink and toilet rainwater recycling system. This bathroom saves an average of 40,000 gallons of water a week! This environmentally friendly bathroom doubles as a functioning green house, so next time your in Brooklyn, NY be sure to stop by this bathroom.
Help Clean Our Environment by Using Eco-Friendly Baby Products and Organic Baby Accessories
Buying Eco friendly products is becoming more and more popular. But what are the pros and cons of trying to make purchases in an eco friendly way?
Cost: Buying environmentally friendly can cost more initially.
Harder to find: You can run to the local chain store and find almost anything you need. But is it your best choice for the environment? Probably not. Eco friendly products can be more difficult to locate.
Research: To find products that are friendly environmentally you need to do a little research into the companies and organizations that sell the products. Do their products really run on solar power alone? Are their products made from recycled materials as they claim? Make sure you get what you pay for and receive the energy savings expected.
Long term savings: Earth friendly products are energy efficient. This means they are not only good for the environment, but they'll save you money in the long run due to lower fuel bills. Most eco-friendly products are well made and will last longer than their cheaper made comparisons.
Health benefits: Eco-friendly products are designed to make you and your family live healthier lives. Purer water, organic foods, reduced allergens, less processed food. It's not just about the Earth becoming healthier; it's about your family reaping health benefits, also.
Less waste: When you buy in bulk you reduce extra packaging that individually wrapped products require. Less packing, less trash. By reusing the back side of paper you have less paper to throw away. When you cut down on paper products and use cloth napkins you cut down on waste. Everything adds up to less waste in the landfill and less emptying the garbage can for you.
Develops Habits: Buying Earth friendly products is a habit like any other. The more you do it, the more it seems like the natural thing to do. It also teaches your children to maintain the same habit. As they grow older they'll make eco-friendly choices automatically.
Sometimes the secret to living a more eco-friendly life is locating the right sources of products. The good news is, when you find a source for good products they'll usually have a large selection that have already been researched and approved. Find an organization you trust so you can feel good about taking their recommendations.
Buying Earth friendly products can quickly become a way of life once you weigh all the pros and cons.
Melrose Hill Carpet Cleaning Organic