Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Los Angeles. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Los Angeles
Eco-friendly massage products are becoming an essential part of the massage industry. From the oils to the actual table that you are on while getting the massage, products are more green than ever.
Here are a few products that are used by massage therapists and are enjoyed by the person receiving the massage:
Scandle Candles LLC offers candles that also can be used as massage oil. The Mother Nature Network offers these candles that are very natural and bring warm light to the therapy room without putting pollutants into the air. These candles are chemical free and all natural and have neutral scents like honey and beeswax. The candles that melt to make massage oil are made from all natural, moisturizing soy.
Earthlite massage tables are manufactured by an environmentally conscious company and are made from farm raised wood instead of wood found in the rain forest. They are very high quality and have a lifetime warranty. Their motto is, to produce high quality products for the better of mankind. These tables are handmade in the Earthlite factories. The price is comparable to other massage tables of this quality. They are highly recommended by massage therapists.
Sweet Grass Farms offers laundry detergents, linen spray for the massage room and fabric softeners for the linens. All of these components are what a true eco-friendly masseuse would wash their laundry in and spray in their massage rooms. If you have natural products you do not want to launder them in a product that has a lot of chemicals. These products are all natural and are offered in lemon verbena and lavender.
Natura massage products are made from certified cotton, bamboo, hemp and other natural products. The bamboo bed sheets and bamboo spa wraps are environmentally friendly. This is also good news for the rainforest. Hemp and bamboo are two of the world's most renewable sources for wood and raw material for fabric.
Trade Key products offer a variety of massage creams, lotions and massage oils that are made of all natural ingredients. These are made from soy, milk and other natural ingredients. There are no preservatives or parabens in the products either, which few companies can promise.
It is important to remember that pregnant women should only have a massage with all natural ingredients like lavender, almond oil, lemon verbena, milk and various other products. Luckily, many spas offer a variety of natural products for pregnant women and eco-friendly consumers alike.
Natural products are very popular because they are healthier. With so many people suffering from allergies, it is best to avoid chemicals all together. If you are going to receive a massage or any service related to health, do yourself the favor and use products that are eco-friendly and chemical free.
The next time you are going in for a massage, rest, relax and enjoy but first ask for eco-friendly products so that you can enjoy your massage and so can Mother Earth.
Eco-Friendly Technology - What is it, and What Good is It?
Last week's article discussed eco-friendly summer events taking place around the country. These events range from discussion forums about eco-friendly living to music festivals that focus on staying green and having little impact on the environment. I had the opportunity to attend Rothbury, which is one of the eco-friendly music festivals. This event strives on making their event as eco-friendly as possible. Here is a list of the top 5 eco-friendly things happening at the second annual Rothbury.
1) Utensils made of corn: After ordering some delicious food at the festival, I noticed that my fork wasn't a plastic fork like I am use to getting but was instead made of corn. This corn made utensil reduced the amount of plastic at the festival. Having products made from renewable plant sources paralleled with their idea of having a green festival. The forks were sturdy and easy to dispose of properly.
2) Green Team: The Green Team was great at Rothbury. They were there around the clock helping Rothburians dispose of their garbage properly. All around the festival there were areas where someone was there to assist whether items should be placed in compost, recycling or trash. Having these people around was great and very helpful!
3) Think Tank: The Think Tank at Rothbury was a place for like-minded people to gather and talk about important topics surrounding the environment. They discussed such things as the green economy, green jobs and ways to reduce your energy bills. Having the Think Tank allowed for concertgoers to take a break from the music and have a discussion about these eco-friendly ideas.
4) Reclaimed art: Throughout the festival grounds, there were large-scale art that made bold statements about recycling, sustainability and being eco-friendly. All the art was made from reused, recycled and natural materials. These larger than life pieces were reflected all of what Rothbury was about. As one walked through the forest there was no choice but to stop at look at these pieces made from recycled materials.
5) Human energy to charge cell phones: This was the most eco-friendly thing going on at Rothbury and I found it to be very impressive. At this booth, people rode stationary bikes together to charge their cell phones! If that doesn't scream eco-friendly, I don't know what does. As Rothbury attendees peddled together, they were able to generate enough power to charge cell phones and even record music. The electricity was generated and then used to digitally record songs that were later available for download. Exercise, charge your phone, record music and be eco-friendly all at the same time!
Rothbury was a great 4-day festival that promoted sustainability. It was great gathering with people that enjoy great music and doing things great for the environment. Having festivals such as this one encourages people to be more eco-friendly which is always a good thing!
Guffly is a one product per day online store and community featuring eco friendly products and fair trade lifestyle goods like home, pet, clothing, office and personal accessories. We know that people aren't interested in ugly stuff, so you can bet Guffly's green products are stylish, fun and attractive - eco stylish if you will.
Los Angeles Pet Safe Carpet Cleaning