Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Hollywood Hills. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Hollywood Hills
Buying Eco friendly products is becoming more and more popular. But what are the pros and cons of trying to make purchases in an eco friendly way?
Cost: Buying environmentally friendly can cost more initially.
Harder to find: You can run to the local chain store and find almost anything you need. But is it your best choice for the environment? Probably not. Eco friendly products can be more difficult to locate.
Research: To find products that are friendly environmentally you need to do a little research into the companies and organizations that sell the products. Do their products really run on solar power alone? Are their products made from recycled materials as they claim? Make sure you get what you pay for and receive the energy savings expected.
Long term savings: Earth friendly products are energy efficient. This means they are not only good for the environment, but they'll save you money in the long run due to lower fuel bills. Most eco-friendly products are well made and will last longer than their cheaper made comparisons.
Health benefits: Eco-friendly products are designed to make you and your family live healthier lives. Purer water, organic foods, reduced allergens, less processed food. It's not just about the Earth becoming healthier; it's about your family reaping health benefits, also.
Less waste: When you buy in bulk you reduce extra packaging that individually wrapped products require. Less packing, less trash. By reusing the back side of paper you have less paper to throw away. When you cut down on paper products and use cloth napkins you cut down on waste. Everything adds up to less waste in the landfill and less emptying the garbage can for you.
Develops Habits: Buying Earth friendly products is a habit like any other. The more you do it, the more it seems like the natural thing to do. It also teaches your children to maintain the same habit. As they grow older they'll make eco-friendly choices automatically.
Sometimes the secret to living a more eco-friendly life is locating the right sources of products. The good news is, when you find a source for good products they'll usually have a large selection that have already been researched and approved. Find an organization you trust so you can feel good about taking their recommendations.
Buying Earth friendly products can quickly become a way of life once you weigh all the pros and cons.
Eco-Friendly, Green, and Consumer Conscious Choices
There are typically three types of eco-friendly clothing:
• Organic cotton clothing
• Bamboo clothing
• Hemp clothing
The one most people are familiar with is organic clothing, or organic cotton. As a nation, we have grown up on cotton without understanding the damage traditional cotton can do to our environment. Traditional cotton takes a ton of water to sustain, using up precious resources. Cotton is also doused with pesticides and insecticides that leach into our earth and our waterways and damage beneficial wildlife such as bees, birds, deer and more. Buying organic or eco-friendly clothing or products is a decision that helps preserve the earth.
Each product has its own benefits and some have a few drawbacks. Before you buy any eco-friendly clothing, be sure to know what you're buying before you spend your hard earned money.
Organic Cotton Clothing:
• Grown without pesticides and insecticides
• Great alternative to traditional cotton
• Feels, looks and acts like traditional cotton
• Cotton consumes a lot of water, so can deplete natural resources
• Be sure to check the company as some companies offer organic that is only a certain percent organic. Look for a 100% organic guarantee
• Is a sustainable resource
• Can be grown organically
• Can grow in almost any climate
• Feels silky smooth
• Wicks moisture and is anti-microbial
• Biodegrades more quickly than oil-based synthetics
• Check for organic growing procedures
• UV resistant
• Can be grown organically
• Fibers are stronger than cotton
• Offers UV protection
• Wicks moisture
• Similar to linen
• Still illegal to grow in most of the US
Know you know the basics of a variety of eco-friendly products and clothing, you can make an informed decision as to which is best for you. I recommend trying all three.
Fortunately there's an eco-fashion trend in this country that is bringing about organic clothing with style. Products generally cost no more than typical clothing, in the Banana Republic, Abercrombie, Nordstrom price ranges. You can also find less expensive environmentally friendly clothing by starting with something as simple as an organic t-shirt or organic underwear or diapers. Eco organic clothing even comes in baby sizes and as baby's skin is extremely sensitive, putting organic next to their skin is something they will thank you for.
Consider organic an investment not only in yourself but also in the future of the health of our earth. You can make a difference to the health of our planet.
Hollywood Hills Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products